- An alternative to an outdoor antenna installation for GPS time synchronization
- Works with other Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) for improved reliability
- For leased facilities, urban canyons, buildings with prohibitively expensive cable runs
- Includes the SecureSync enterprise-class time server (configuration 1200-023)
- High stability internal oscillator maintains precise time even when the GPS signal is intermittent
- Attractive antenna panel designed for office installations
GPS signals are weak and often impractical in urban environments due to limited visibility of the sky, and constraints of roof-top access and long GPS antenna cable runs.
Skylight is a result of Spectracom’s expertise in GPS reception and applications for precision timing. Proprietary algorithms use a combination of high sensitivity receivers, the expanding constellation of various global navigation systems, accurate internal oscillators and assisted GPS to extract the GPS on-time point to sub-microsecond accuracy even in areas with somewhat limited GPS reception.
Satellite Time and Location Signal Technology (STL) can be used as a secure signal of opportunity to complement GPS and other GNSS satellite signals, making the applications more accurate and secure and less prone to interference and attack.
Originating from the Iridium® constellation of 66 low-earth-orbiting satellites, STL is 1,000 times stronger than GPS/GNSS, reaching deep into buildings and penetrating GPS/GNSS jamming without the aid of local infrastructure. Cryptographic security features of STL also provide exceptional resilience to intentional spoofing.